Saturday, February 14, 2009

Poll of the Day?

17_karisma_nach_1410_430xx.jpg

Which Kapoor sister of the present generation looks the best? Karisma, Riddhima or Kareena?

posted in Bollywood News | 4 Comments

13th February 2009

SRK to name his dog Aamir?

srk1.jpg

The cold vibes between Aamir and SRK have been witnessed by many since many years and both of them keep on cracking comments and jokes at each other whenever they get a chance.

Aamir received wrath of many when he called his dog Shahrukh on his blog, however SRK kept mum during the whole episode, but now he is back with revenge as he is joked that he wants to name his dog Aamir.

SRK said, “Gauri gets upset when I crack jokes about naming my dog Aamir. She thinks why should I bring myself down by doing or saying such things? I understand that she doesn’t want me to lose my dignity, but sometimes I think it is absolutely necessary as people ask for it.”

He goes on to explain, “Aamir had said it was a joke that his dog was named after me… and I said if it was a matter of [a] sense of humor, then my joke would have been that I also wanted to name my pets after Aamir, but my pets vehemently refused. My wife said people don’t understand your jokes, so please refrain from doing so… though I felt it was quite funny but I didn’t say it at that time. Nobody said anything about stooping low, etc. Stooping low would be a height joke.”

SRK also expressed his views on Aamir being against of SRK being number one, “I will confront Aamir and ask him why he said such a thing. I accept a lot of things, but I think this is not funny. When I say I am number one, I definitely don’t mean it in arrogance. I say it with a sense of humor and a sense of humility. But I guess it will take a lot for Aamir to understand that.”

Well that’s SRK at his wittiest best against Aamir, and now lets wait for Aamir’s witty comments.

posted in Bollywood News | 2 Comments

13th February 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day

Saint_Valentines_Day__003273_.jpg

Let’s check out what our B-wood folks are upto on Valentines Day…

Bipasha Basu: “None. I’m happy and contented.” (Congrat’s John for meeting her demands!)

Priyanka Chopra: “I don’t believe you need a reason or a particular day to say you love someone. When you’re in love every day is special.” (Are you listening to pefee, Shahid?)

Koena Mitra: “My Valentine desire would be to finally meet Mr Right. But if that’s not possible this Valentine then fine. Just get me a man who’s hot-looking and a great conversationalist. Then even a Mr Wrong will do.” (Yeah! Like a wrong nose!!)

Esha Deol: “I want to give lots of love to all those who’ve given me love. Lots of love to all my ex-es too! Ha ha. May God keep me single for as long as possible because I love my freedom.” (Finally her wish came true to be featured on this blog apart from being used in Paichan Kaun!)

Farhan Akhtar: “Want to see Mumbayites back to the spirit of the city.”( To see your film?? Plz let them sleep buddy!!)

Muzamil Ebrahim: “It’s my mother’s birthday on Valentine’s Day so there’ll definitely be lots of celebration. Want good health and happiness for all those who love me. And I want to get together with the one I want to be with.” (What a bore!!)

Amrita Arora: “Will be shooting on Valentine’s. Wish to have my loved one with me forever.” (unlike Usman Afzal?)

Manoj Bajpai: “I don’t believe in Valentine’s Day. You don’t need one special day to show your partner how much you love her.” (kyun sapne mein milte hai kya kudi har roz?)

Tusshar Kapoor: “Nothing special. Just meeting up with friends after shooting. If I had my way I’d make every day Valentine’s Day.” (Yeah! Coz no body wants to become his Valentine!)

Malaika Arora: “I want to spend the day with all my loved ones. I don’t want anyone to be alone on Valentine’s Day.” (Ok Fairy Godmother!)

Tanushree Dutta: “I wish I’d be in Paris for Valentine’s Day.” (Maaf karo, agle saal ana!)

Amrita Rao: “I wish all those people in love be so forever. And those who don’t, may they please find love this Valentine’s Day.” (Including yourself??)

So what are you guys upto on this Valentine’s day?

posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Aishwarya Rai at 59th Berlinale Film Festival

2_25.jpg

OMG!! look what Aishwarya is wearing at the Film Festival, did she go nuts why did she chose such a bright & ill fitting - fit for circus dress, it makes her look fat!! You like?

Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image Plogger Image

posted in Bollywood News | 4 Comments

13th February 2009

SRK’s Mannat attacked, SRK not scared

srk_0308_430x.jpg

With the release of Billu Barber, SRK’s house Mannat was also attacked by some miscreants early morning on Friday. The miscreants threw bottles filled with Kerosene at his house and ran away when the security guards started chasing him.

Naturally SRK is upset, who wasn’t at home at that time ‘coz he was away in London for a medical check-up.

SRK says, “I am shocked. In fact, if I wasn’t a movie star or didn’t take a lot of things in my stride, I would be really, really depressed.

I postponed my surgery so that I can see the film (Billu Barber). I wanted Irfan and Lara to have a good beginning in the film. Everything has turned out well, and now we have people finding controversial stuff where nothing exists like that. There seems to be some person who misheard the lyrics of the song. The lyrics of the song are, rab ke hazur meh and they misheard as rab ke hazur neh and they say we are talking about the prophet but we are not. Rab ka hazur meh means in the presence of, face to face with god, but they thought we were talking about the prophet but the connotation is not at all like that.

We have clarified to the people who were at the cinema hall. Now they have made an announcement that absolutely everything will be alright. They have admitted that they had misheard it. There is nothing controversial or derogatory about any religion.

I am not scared of my safety. I believe in goodness and I don’t think good people get to suffer. Yes, I do get scared for the fact that somebody hurled a bottle of kerosene in my house. I get worried about my children and my wife and also the people who are going to the theatres to watch the film.

There is no other safer place than my home.

I am in London to do a checkup for my surgery which is on the February 16 in Mumbai. My family is a strong family. So I am really not scared.”

What’s your take on this folks?

posted in Bollywood News | 2 Comments

13th February 2009

Tasveer 8×10 trailer starring Akshay Kumar

Check out the latest trailer of Akki’s next flick Tasveer 8×10 also starring Ayesha Takia. It’s a suspense thriller. Glad to see Akshay in a different kind of movie. You like the trailer?


posted in Bollywood News | 3 Comments

13th February 2009

SRK: I do not like people who compliment me seriously

srk1_5158.jpg

Recently Aamir took a dig at SRK by saying that SRK indeed is a good PR man but when it comes to marketing its not his cup of tea. Naturally SRK did not like the comment and wants to discuss it with Aamir.

SRK said, “I do not like people who compliment me seriously or deride me seriously. Aamir is a good thinking man and I will discus with him what comments he has made about me. Maybe they were out of context.”

SRK further adds, “I may not be a good marketing person but people who know me say that I am a fantastic person.”

SRK also talked about blogging and said, “Through media, I get what I want conveyed to my fans. So I don’t think there is anything more to write. If I start blogging, I will talk about life to youngsters rather than writing about my daily routine and posting pictures.”

Well lets see what will be the conclusion of this Khan discussion.

posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Katrina Kaif to give hindi bhashans

katrinarajneeti.jpg

Katrina Kaif has always been known for her English twang and now the actress is all set to give bhashans (speeches) in Hindi, typical politician style for her upcoming flick Rajniti.

According to sources, Katrina’s role in Rajniti is based on Sonia Gandhi and Ranbir Kapoor’s role is inspired by Rajiv Gandhi.

To get into the role of a true Indian politician, Katrina we hear is attending modulation classes.

If I am not wrong she attended them during Yuvraaj too?

posted in Bollywood News | 2 Comments

13th February 2009

Paichan Kaun?

Guess who are these actors fused into one? (Pretty easy)

paichan kaun6.jpg

Yesterday’s answer: John Abraham

posted in Bollywood News | 2 Comments

13th February 2009

SRK in talks with his barber

billu barber.jpg

While everybody drive their way to a barber, hairstylist or hairdresser, our SRK has his stylist come to his home. SRK has a dressing room at his home Mannat, where his stylist Dilshad Pastakia style’s his hair. So check out what the duo are talking about…

SRK: I don’t understand how the word barber is casteist… but I understand the emotions of the association. Hair dressers and stylists, they are creative people…
Dilshad: Yes, we create hairstyles for you…

SRK: But the film is not about the barber’s profession, the profession is incidental, Billu is about love and friendship, it’s about environment, so much fun… it’s the least controversial film.
Dilshad: I have no problem being called a barber. We’re cutting hair, that’s what the profession is about. If you call a barber a hair-stylist, you’re just changing the term, not giving him a different profession.

SRK:
The associations issue is that the Hindi word nai, when translated into English, becomes barber. And nai is a caste. Which makes barber a caste. But then so is hair-dresser!
Dilshad: Hajam would have been closer… I’ve been called a hajam for years. Actually, the profession ought to be happy to be acknowledged in a Shah Rukh Khan film…

SRK: Aren’t barbers only for men? And stylists for women?
Dilshad: Barbering is a male technique in which the barber works with clippers and employs the scissors over comb. All over England, you have barber shops… there is dignity in labour there.

SRK: But people do use words to demean professions. It’s like calling Manish Malhotra a tailor.
Dilshad: That mindset should be curtailed.
SRK: Maybe after the film, it would have been… because Billu (Barber) has such a simple message. Whichever world you belong to, as long as you’re true to your emotions and your goodness, you’re a better person already. Your profession does not make you a special person. Your ordinariness is special.
Dilshad: It’s a fab profession, and people are proud to be barbers.

SRK: Are you a real barber?
Dilshad: I am a real barber!
SRK: … Unless you’ve been lying to me for 15 years and are really a choreographer and cutting my hair!

The result, Barber being snipped from Billu and hair being snipped from SRK’s head.

posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Freida Pinto Anokhi

Freida-Cover.jpg

Check out Freida Pinto as she graces the cover of Anokhi magazine’s 6th Anniversary issue, you like the look?

posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Aishwarya Rai on Tyra Banks show

Check out Aishwarya Rai being interviewed by Tyra Banks on her show. She looks nice in the interview. Check out the interview.



posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Himesh’s asli baal

himesh.jpg

Himesh Reshammiya, the great composer turned bad singer turned horrible actor is all set to reveal his original hair.

The topi-wala Reshammiya, went through the painful process of hair weaving and hair extensions to have some lovely locks, and now Reshammiya is all set to shun his extensions, ‘coz his real hair have made a comeback and unlike his recent flick Karzz they have shown results on his head.

A friend says, “Himesh wore hair extensions but at the same time as a result of hair weaving, his real hair was growing under the extensions. Now that he has thick hair, he has thrown away the extensions. He is looking fantastic now.”

The friend adds, “Ab extensions ki zaroorat kya hai? Na hi zaroorat hai cap ki. Ab toh asli baal hain Himesh ke , (what is the point of extensions or wearing a cap? Now, Himesh has real hair)”

Himesh even shocked his director Pooja Bhatt, who is directing him for Kajrare, as she says, “I was shocked when I saw Himesh with his new look two days ago. I think he is looking deadly. I have shot most of his portions already. But I have yet to film a flashback track. I will be using his new look in those portions. ”

You like Himesh’s new look?

posted in Bollywood News | 1 Comment

13th February 2009

Celina Jaitely grace Bride & Style

SonamKapoor24Nov20071.jpg

Celina Jaitely features on the latest edition of Bride and Style magazine and we must say she sure has stunning eyes. You like?

posted in Bollywood News | 0 Comments

11th February 2009

Priyanka-Shahid flirt on Facebook

9576C21AABDB6B1F24CA954F1E0.jpg

We all know how secretive his Priyanka about her relationships, her romance with Hurman Baweja wasn’t officially confirmed till the lad broke the news about their break up.

Well Piggy Chops is back to her flirty ways and this time its her Kaminay co-star Shahid Kapoor, if we believe their Facebook profiles to be authentic, then lot of action is going on between the two rookie lovers.

Priyanka’a login name at the social networking website is a carefully planned ‘Sir Pranks-a-lot’, apparently Priyanka is so addicted to Facebook that she even made Shahid open an account at the website.

A common buddy of both the actors reveals, “They (Priyanka-Shahid) keep writing on each other`s walls, commenting on each other`s status messages and poking each other.

Priyanka`s relationship status was in an invisible mode when she was with Harman, but after the break- up, she`s listed as single. Shahid too is listed as single on his profile.”

“Shahid is called Sha-Sha by his close friends, but Priyanka calls him Shaks. In fact, she has addressed him as Shaks in most of her messages and he calls her Peefee.”



Aishwarya Rai’s amazed attendees at “Pink Panther 2″ Berlin Premiere

It had been a very hectic day for Aishwarya Rai during her schedule on Berlin Premiere of “The Pink Panther 2” on February 13, Friday. After the routine media conference in the morning, Aishwarya really got herself prepared for the afternoon premier of the launch of the movie in pink gown and arrived on the dais along with co-actors like Steve Martin and Jean Reno at the Berlinale Palast.

The storyline of the movie rotates around Inspector Jacques Clouseau that makes a group with International detectives to check an International Thief from stealing artifacts of historical importance.

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin

aishwarya rai pink panther premiere berlin



The shooting of ‘Veer’ stalled

This Thursday an untoward incident took place while the shooting of Salman Khan starrer ‘Veer’ was going on at the historic Amer Fort in Rajasthan.

It so happened that an enthusiastic crowd of over 200 fans stood on the wall to watch the shooting of the film. Unable to bear the pressure exerted by hundreds of spectators some of whom were standing on it, the 20 feet long wall in the campus of the fort collapsed at around 3.10 pm while a swayamvar (wedding) scene was being shot.

15 people were injured, including two television cameramen. Salman went to the meet the injured in hospital Thursday evening.

The Jaipur bench of the court has issued notice to the state government to explain why norms related to protected historical monuments were not followed and asked it to reply by March 3. Meanwhile the shooting of the film has been kept on hold.

When asked about the accident, Vijay Galani, the film’s producer, said, “There is false news that fans died under the wall. It was only a parapet and that too at some distance from the fort. The high court has only put a hold on the shooting and demanded clarifications.”

Set around 1800 AD, ‘Veer’ is a period drama with Salman in the title role. Directed by Anil Sharma, the film has been written by Salman and his father Salim Khan.

The cast and the crew are here to shoot important action sequences across Jaipur, Bikaner and other locations in Rajasthan. They have a schedule of 50 days.



Hrishita Bhatt - At SAMANVAY

The Anand Kumar directed ‘Jugaad’; starring hot Hrishita Bhatt with Manoj Bajpai is among the three releases of this Friday. Hrishita informs, “Jugaad is about the ups and downs of life….”While the movie is also big time return of Manoj to the big screen.

Hrishita Bhatt was at Ahlcon Public School at their Pre Primary Annual Day- SAMANVAY. Casually dressed in Brown Jacket and cool denims she looked stunningly hot.

The literal meaning of ‘jugaad’ is making shift arrangement/manipulation; the leading lady of the film Hrishita Bhatt seems to have a different take on the theme!

The movie star cast includes- Manoj Bajpai, Hrishita Bhatt, Vijay Raaz, Govind Namdeo and Sanjay Mishra. The movie has got three star rating from the box office.

The film revolves around the well-known sealing issue that had been a hot subject in India’s capital city, Delhi in 2007-08. The story is of Sandip Kapur (Manoj Bajpai) who heads an advertising agency amidst a demanding life and his problems in life are heightened as his agency is sealed by the Muncipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD). Sandip fails to re-establish his company, despite his best efforts.
hrishita bhatt

hrishita bhatt



Habib and association out to promote ‘Billu’

The promotional campaign for changed ‘Billu’ earlier “Billu Barber” is getting intensive with every passing day. Recently, co-stars of the movie Irfan Khan and Lara Dutta were seen together while promoting the movie at Jawed Habib as posing before the poster of the movie. During the promotion, Habib, himself, stood before the poster along with stars on the promotional tour holding pair of shears for the sake of style. At the time Irfan Khan was standing with garden hedge shears and he allowed Habib, to try styling and trimming on his hair.
This promotional activity created curiosity and program was attended by media persons in large. As the part of promotional campaign ‘Habib’ would distribute coupons along with movie tickets and some selected theaters would have Habib trained stylists as providing hair cutting services. Spoke persons from Jawed Habib told that brand ‘Jawed Habib’ is quite happy with their association with SRK banner produced movie and would try their best efforts to promote the movie as far much as possible.

billu barber habib

billu barber habib

billu barber habib

billu barber habib



Red hot Freida Pinto

Whether she is clad in a simple salwar kameez as Latika in Slumdog Millionaire or she walks her way down the red carpet in stunning designer-wear, our very own desi beauty is sure making news.

Talking about ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ star Freida Pinto, the girl is on a high. She is now the girl of the high fashion magazine “Vanity Fair – The Vanities Girls Section” and will be seen on the cover page of March 2009 issue. Every month, in The Vanities Girls, VF chooses a ‘promising’ young actress and gives her a full-page portrait. Freida is the chosen one for the March 2009 issue.

Giving an impression of Marilyn Monroe, Freida’s classic pin-up pose is not just hot, it is red hot. Check it out for yourself.

freida pinto



Farhan is with Katrina Kaif this Friday

Farhan Akhtar is carving out his niche in this glamour world in different avatars. He has won critical acclaims for his acting in ‘Rock On’ and just released ‘Luck By Chnace’. Even his talk show, ‘Oye! Its Friday’ is fast gaining popularity.

With Valentine’s Day to celebrate, who could be a better celebrity guest that Katrina Kaif. So, this week’s Valentine special of Oye! it’s Friday will see Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif dance along with Hussain Kuwajerwala, on the rhythm of the saxophone with Rhys Sebastian. Hussain Kuwajerwala will be the first male performer on this show and will be seen grooving to hot and happening numbers of 2008 like Nagada, Jee Karda and Dil Haara.

Apart from this, Katrina will open up and get candid on the controversies and link ups surrounding her career. She will reveal about the reasons which make her irritated and angry, her favorite heroines, her first Hindi film and about Akshaye Khanna being her chess friend.

katrina kaif and farhan akhtar at oye it's friday valentines day special

katrina kaif and farhan akhtar at oye it's friday valentines day special

katrina kaif and farhan akhtar at oye it's friday valentines day special



Sanjay Dutt’s Anniversary Bash

It has been one year of marriage for actor as well as politician Sanjay Dutt with wife Manyata Dutt. Both Sanjay and Manyata on this occasion hosted a party which was attended by celebrities both from Bollywood as well as politics. The most renowned personalities from the glamour as well politics presented at the party, were, Abhishek Bachchan and Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh who greeted the happy couple on their anniversary. The party was held at Sanjay Dutt’s Pali Hill residence. We from Bollywood-Stars do also wish them a very happy wedding anniversary.

sanjay dutt first anniversary bash

sanjay dutt first anniversary bash

sanjay dutt first anniversary bash

sanjay dutt first anniversary bash

sanjay dutt first anniversary bash



Yet again another on-screen lip lock from Gul Panag

Gul Panag is one bold and beautiful Bollywood actresses who has had many lip locks on-screen (Hello, Manorama - Six Feet Under or Summer 2007) but none of them created many controversies due to the fact that the actress herself remains coll about them. The latest in this category is her lip lock with actor Vinay Pathak in her upcoming film ‘Straight’. Even though no one associated with the film is making much noise about it, it is certainly going to be one of the highlights of the film.

Gul Panag is absolutely casual about the sequence and says, “”What’s the big deal if I have kissed Vinay in the film. After all, it’s a part of my job.”

Directed by Parvati Balagopalan, ‘Straight’ is about a man called Pinu Patel [Vinay Pathak] who has a complex that he is a virgin and has experienced no intimacy with a woman. He becomes close to a woman called Renu [Gul Panag] and it is during one of their intimate moments together that they end up kissing and later making love with each other. But there is an issue. Pinu fears that he is probably a gay courtesy an accidental kiss planted on his lips by a man.
Straight movie

Straight movie

Straight movie



‘Billu Barber’ under controversy

What’s a film without controversies and much awaited ‘Billu Barber’ is no exception to it. This time the protest comes from The Salon and Beauty Parlors’ Association in Maharashtra who have a problem with the title of the film.

According to Uday Takke, the president of the association, ‘barber’ is a derogatory term and therefore the title should be changed to Billu Hairdresser. He added that there are several women hairdressers across the country and should Billu Barber turn out to be a big hit then they might also be addressed as barbers in future.

To appease the association members, Billu Barber’s producers Red Chillies Entertainment have arranged for a special screening for them on February 12th, but the association members wanted the show to be preponed to February 9th as it would help them seek legal action should there be any derogatory scenes in the film.

Not the one to flare up issues, SRK has decided to remove the term from the hoardings and posters. SRK had promised Uday Takke that he would send teams of people to paste a white paper over the name Barber, as it was difficult to reprint them considering the costs involved. The King Khan said that though he feels that the term is not derogatory, he did not want to offend anybody.

billu barber



Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor delivered a hit last year with ‘Golmaal Returns’ but the actor postponed the success bash of the film due to Mumbai terror attacks in November last year. Now, the actor clubbed the pending celebrations with his birthday bash which was organized at his place.

Not to mention, all his well-wishers from Bollywood were present including Kareena Kapoor with her boyfriend Saif Ali Khan. Also adding glamour to the party were Arora sisters, Malaika and Amrita Arora and Celina Jaitley. Sister Ekta Kapoor too did not miss the opportunity to share happy moments with her brother.

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash

Tusshar Kapoor birthday bash



Kajol does not come easy for Karan Johar

Now, this is definitely an impossible dream for any married actress, but we are talking here about Kajol who can surely make anything possible. Even after marriage, Kajol is in a position to make choices and also command price for her movies. She has reportedly charged 1.5 crores for Kunal Kohli’s ‘Fanaa’ and the film was a huge hit. Thereafter, she appeared in hubby Ajay Devgan’s directorial debut ‘U Me Aur Hum’.

Now, the news doing rounds is that Kajol is charging a whopping Rs 2.5 crore for Karan Johar’s next movie ‘My Name Is Khan’. Karan managed to convince Kajol to do this movie only after much persuasion and readily agreed to pay the price which other top Bollywood actresses are commanding at present. Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif charge about 2 crores or more for their movies.

In ‘My Name Is Khan’ Karan is repeating the sizzling on-screen pair of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol for the third time. In fact, Kajol is playing a full-fledged role in Karan’s film after a gap of 8 years.

Kajol and Shahrukh khan



Sonam Kapoor is here to stay

Just as the cute Sonam Kapoor looks cuter than ever in thr promos of ‘Delhi 6’ and when her fans eagerly await the film to hit the screens, Sonam Kapoor makes news again with her appearance on the covers of the latest issue of magazine ‘Verve‘.

The cover has Sonam Kapoor looking exotic in her photo shoot which has been done tastefully on the sunny beaches of the Maldives. Though her debut ‘Saawariya’ bombed at the box-office getting harsh critical reviews for her, Sonam has been on an ascent, be it being chosen as the Brand Ambassador of the cosmetic giant L’Oreal or bagging the plum role in ‘Delhi 6’. Check out mesmerizing Sonam Kapoor on the glossy cover of ‘Verve’.

Sonam kapoor verve



No comments:

Post a Comment